Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple Maps - edit directions for a custom route

I've loaded directions to a destination. I want to use the bike route. I know from looking at the map that going through a development rather than the main roads will be safer due to the main road not having sidewalks or bike lanes. How do I edit the Apple Map directions to make a route through the development's side streets that have sidewalks to get to my destination?

Thanks

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 1:24 PM

I use the app as a starting guide only. Once I start the run, if I change to a non specified road or street, the app changes to match where I am and suggests routing. This is on my iPhone.

On my iMac, not sure about the iPhone, the app has an allowance for adding a stop. A little non intuitive sort of thing but it appears you can add a stop and alter the routing. You have to know a stop obviously to be able to add it logically into your routing.

But the app also shows several different routings, but what it can't show is pest infested areas.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 1:24 PM in response to Gary Willard

I use the app as a starting guide only. Once I start the run, if I change to a non specified road or street, the app changes to match where I am and suggests routing. This is on my iPhone.

On my iMac, not sure about the iPhone, the app has an allowance for adding a stop. A little non intuitive sort of thing but it appears you can add a stop and alter the routing. You have to know a stop obviously to be able to add it logically into your routing.

But the app also shows several different routings, but what it can't show is pest infested areas.

Apple Maps - edit directions for a custom route

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.