I want to delete a photo from my photo library but keep it in folder

I want to delete a

photo from my photo library but keep it in folder

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 3:25 PM

Open your Photos App and locate the photo(s) that you wish to save to a folder.

At top right of the Photos App windows, tap  Select. Individually tap the thumbnail icon of each photo that you wish to save elsewhere; a blue tick will appear on each photo that you select. Tap a photo again to deselect if you make a mistake.

When you have selected all the photos that you wish to save to a folder, tap the Share button (a square with an upward-pointing arrow). The Share menu will appear; from here, select Save to Files. Navigate to where you wish to save the selected photo(s), creating a new folder if required - then tap Save.

After saving your selected photo(s), should you choose to do so, you can delete the original from your Photo Library.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2023 3:25 PM in response to Surprise lass

Open your Photos App and locate the photo(s) that you wish to save to a folder.

At top right of the Photos App windows, tap  Select. Individually tap the thumbnail icon of each photo that you wish to save elsewhere; a blue tick will appear on each photo that you select. Tap a photo again to deselect if you make a mistake.

When you have selected all the photos that you wish to save to a folder, tap the Share button (a square with an upward-pointing arrow). The Share menu will appear; from here, select Save to Files. Navigate to where you wish to save the selected photo(s), creating a new folder if required - then tap Save.

After saving your selected photo(s), should you choose to do so, you can delete the original from your Photo Library.

I want to delete a photo from my photo library but keep it in folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.