Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle your Mac

How can I erase everything off a MacBook Pro? When it says "Erase Assistant is not supported on this Mac"?

How can I erase everything off a MacBook Pro I just bought from someone else? When it says "Erase Assistant is not supported on this Mac"?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 5:25 PM

Miranda057 wrote:

How can I erase everything off a MacBook Pro I just bought from someone else? When it says "Erase Assistant is not supported on this Mac"?

if you are having to do this, then it sounds like the machine was not properly prepared for resale.

I hope it works for you

here is your reference—

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac follow the instructions as presented:

Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2023 5:25 PM in response to Miranda057

Miranda057 wrote:

if you are having to do this, then it sounds like the machine was not properly prepared for resale.

I hope it works for you

here is your reference—

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac follow the instructions as presented:

Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support

How can I erase everything off a MacBook Pro? When it says "Erase Assistant is not supported on this Mac"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.