Trying to connect via blutooth to my new MacBook Pro, my iPhone 12 Pro gets a message "MacBook is not supported" and my two month old iPad gets the same message. how do I connect devices?

Trying to connect via blutooth to my new MacBook Pro, my iPhone 12 Pro gets a message "MacBook is not supported" and my two month old iPad gets the same message. how do I connect devices?

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 9:55 PM

Crozag Said:

"Trying to connect via blutooth to my new MacBook Pro, my iPhone 12 Pro gets a message 'MacBook is not supported' and my two month old iPad gets the same message. how do I connect devices?"

-------

Troubleshooting 'MacBook is not supported':

To connect and iPhone-to-a-Computer via Bluetooth, you need to have Personal Hotspot enabled, and to use that, your Carrier needs to support that feature.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2023 9:55 PM in response to Crozag

Crozag Said:

"Trying to connect via blutooth to my new MacBook Pro, my iPhone 12 Pro gets a message 'MacBook is not supported' and my two month old iPad gets the same message. how do I connect devices?"

-------

Troubleshooting 'MacBook is not supported':

To connect and iPhone-to-a-Computer via Bluetooth, you need to have Personal Hotspot enabled, and to use that, your Carrier needs to support that feature.

Jun 17, 2023 9:57 PM in response to Crozag

Hello,

If you are trying to connect them for use of something other than Personal Hotspot you wouldn't need them connected through bluetooth. You just need to be signed into the same Apple ID on both and have the continuity features enabled. Bluetooth should be on for both devices but they won't show as connected.

Use Continuity to work across Apple devices - Apple Support

"To use Continuity features, sign in with the same Apple ID on all your devices. In addition, your devices must have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on, and meet system requirements. See the Apple Support article System requirements for Continuity on Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch."

I hope this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.