iMac

Can you connect a Mac mini to a iMac? And would it mace a difference because I have a iMac early 2009 24inch iMac and it is slow! I would love to make it work again. Thanks

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 12:05 PM

Hi there!

An iMac and a Mac mini are two separate computers, so regrettably, you cannot connect a Mac mini to your iMac to achieve better performance. An Early 2009 iMac is an older model of iMac, and unfortunately it isn't receiving software updates anymore and Apple wouldn't be able to service it for any issues that may arise with it.

With its age, and that it's running slowly, I'd recommend you replace this Mac with a new model. To help, I'd recommend you explore Buy Mac - Apple. You can find product information, comparisons, and shopping guides there.

If you have any questions, please let us know!

- Jack

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 12:05 PM in response to AppleMan345

Hi there!

An iMac and a Mac mini are two separate computers, so regrettably, you cannot connect a Mac mini to your iMac to achieve better performance. An Early 2009 iMac is an older model of iMac, and unfortunately it isn't receiving software updates anymore and Apple wouldn't be able to service it for any issues that may arise with it.

With its age, and that it's running slowly, I'd recommend you replace this Mac with a new model. To help, I'd recommend you explore Buy Mac - Apple. You can find product information, comparisons, and shopping guides there.

If you have any questions, please let us know!

- Jack

iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.