Options about Mac login

I have a Macbook Pro 2019 running OS Ventura v. 13.4, and my screen is locked every time I wake my Mac from a sleep, and that's boring. I've tried to change the settings but I didn't succeeded to change this behavior. I remember that when I had a Mac mini running High Sierra, I was able to avoid the screen lock even after a restart, but now I do not have this option. I don't need to type my password every time because I'm the only user and I use this Mac only at home.

What can I do? Any help?

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 10:46 AM

Sergio B Netto wrote:

I have a Macbook Pro 2019 running OS Ventura v. 13.4, and my screen is locked every time I wake my Mac from a sleep, and that's boring. I've tried to change the settings but I didn't succeeded to change this behavior. I remember that when I had a Mac mini running High Sierra, I was able to avoid the screen lock even after a restart, but now I do not have this option. I don't need to type my password every time because I'm the only user and I use this Mac only at home.
What can I do? Any help?

Make some changes to suit your needs...

>System Settings>Lock Screen

ref: Change Lock Screen settings on Mac

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 10:46 AM in response to Sergio B Netto

Sergio B Netto wrote:

What can I do? Any help?

Make some changes to suit your needs...

>System Settings>Lock Screen

ref: Change Lock Screen settings on Mac

Jun 18, 2023 10:47 AM in response to Sergio B Netto

This is easy to do - provided that you don't have FileVault.

1) If you want to not even to login when starting your mac:

System Settings->Users & Groups: change "Automatic log in as" from off to your account.

2) If you want to wake your mac from sleep without needing to type your password:

System Settings->Lock Screen: change

"require password after screen saver begins or display is turned off"

to "Never"

3) In System Preferences->Privacy & Security, you can also click "Advanced" at the very bottom and make sure

that "Log out after inactivity" is turned off.

Options about Mac login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.