Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Cannot view eps files anymore

I was working on my imac today and all of a sudden I cannot open any of my eps files. It says file is not supported or has been damaged. This message is popping up in the Acrobat reader box.

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 12:49 PM

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC can only open PDFs. Apple dropped support for .eps and .ps files displaying in Finder, Quick Look, or Preview converting them to PDF in Monterey and later.

The free Skim PDF reader can open .eps and export them as PDF. Also, If you have the free LibreOffice, or Inkscape installed, they can open and convert .eps to PDF. The free GIMP will not for some reason, open my .eps files. The paid Affinity Designer/Designer 2 can open .eps and export to PDF. So can Graphic Converter 11 or 12.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 12:49 PM in response to Lottegirl1

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC can only open PDFs. Apple dropped support for .eps and .ps files displaying in Finder, Quick Look, or Preview converting them to PDF in Monterey and later.

The free Skim PDF reader can open .eps and export them as PDF. Also, If you have the free LibreOffice, or Inkscape installed, they can open and convert .eps to PDF. The free GIMP will not for some reason, open my .eps files. The paid Affinity Designer/Designer 2 can open .eps and export to PDF. So can Graphic Converter 11 or 12.

Cannot view eps files anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.