Why is this app off on the weather everyday?

Why does this app not give the correct weather every day?

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 6:14 PM

DoubleD69 Said:

"Why is this app off on the weather everyday?: Why does this app not give the correct weather every day?"

-------

Please Provide More:

What is incorrect about the Weather everyday on the weather app? If is 90% F out yet it is snowing, then that is obviously incorrect. Nothing is down with Weather at this very moment: Apple - Support - System Status

Screenshot:

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 6:14 PM in response to DoubleD69

DoubleD69 Said:

"Why is this app off on the weather everyday?: Why does this app not give the correct weather every day?"

-------

Please Provide More:

What is incorrect about the Weather everyday on the weather app? If is 90% F out yet it is snowing, then that is obviously incorrect. Nothing is down with Weather at this very moment: Apple - Support - System Status

Screenshot:

Jun 19, 2023 9:17 AM in response to H1290

Now that's the best answer yet, location location location. In other words if your in a large city you will get more attention. Not so in smaller cities. And I have corrected the temperatures and weather more time than I can count. The only way you could have it really correct is someone reporting from your own area. We had large hail here yesterday. It was not in the weather forcast. temperatures cooled off to 76 degrees but it kept showing it was 93 degrees.

Sep 6, 2023 4:16 PM in response to DoubleD69

Apple weather did not show any chance of rain on Sunday where I live. My other weather apps did, and sure enough it rained. I checked Apple Weather while it was raining and the app still did not show any chance of rain or show status that it was indeed currently raining. I wish we still had Dark Sky available, it was more trustworthy and stayed more up to date.

Jun 19, 2023 9:29 AM in response to DoubleD69

FWIW. The weather information is gathered from existing weather station locations. A particular location may not necessarily be near you.

I too track my local weather via a Davis weather station that is set up in my backyard. Like H1290, I live in a remote area with the closest (very small) town about 20 miles away. The weather I get from the Apple weather app is for that town. It doesn't always match what my Davis station is reporting.

Why is this app off on the weather everyday?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.