unable to boot from mac partition after using partition manager software on Windows

Hi,

I wanted to increase the volume of Bootcamp drive, so I used 3rd party partition manager on windows (it's called easyUS partition manager) and merged an empty partition with bootcamp partition.

Since then I am unable to boot from MacOS drive - it does not show up on the boot screen..

Is there any way to restore this?

Thanks in advance!

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 6:54 PM

The only way to change the partitions on a drive containing Boot Camp is to uninstall Windows and the Boot Camp partition using Boot Camp Assistant. Then reinstall Windows using Boot Camp Assistant using the size partition you want. Now that you have incorrectly tried to partition the drive, you need to start over by erasing your drive and reinstalling your MacOS.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 6:54 PM in response to sungjufrombath

The only way to change the partitions on a drive containing Boot Camp is to uninstall Windows and the Boot Camp partition using Boot Camp Assistant. Then reinstall Windows using Boot Camp Assistant using the size partition you want. Now that you have incorrectly tried to partition the drive, you need to start over by erasing your drive and reinstalling your MacOS.

unable to boot from mac partition after using partition manager software on Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.