General questions on iPhotos

I have the latest iPhone but an older Macbook Air (2015). I'm in the process of migrating photos from Google Photos back into iPhoto. I have iCloud enabled, but am running into storage issues on the older Macbook. Where are the actually photos I take stored? iPhone? iPhoto on Mac? or iCloud?

I have thousands and thousands of photos. My iPhone storage shows about 6GB of photos, but my Macbook shows 22GB. Where are they actually stored?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 7:01 AM

Your photos are stored on all devices if you sync with iCloud. Many users elect to save the photos on their Mac and optimize storage on other devices. Optimizing keeps high-res versions of your photos in iCloud and reduces the image quality on connected devices on which the setting has been turned on.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2023 7:01 AM in response to jessewalker1106

Your photos are stored on all devices if you sync with iCloud. Many users elect to save the photos on their Mac and optimize storage on other devices. Optimizing keeps high-res versions of your photos in iCloud and reduces the image quality on connected devices on which the setting has been turned on.

General questions on iPhotos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.