Best way to deal with Aperture Libraries now.

I have an iMac on Mojave & harddrive with Aplibraries on it. I have a Mini with Lightroom Classic and am transitioning to it with newer photos and maybe some specific Aplibraries. I do have Avalanche.

What I would like to do is [for less important aplibraries] keep the final image [ie the original as edited and now Version 2 or whatever] = I don't need the original to then deal with again - the 'final' is fine. So do I go ahead and export all the 'final' versions [do they lose keywords? and titles?] or is converting via Avalanche to LRC or just importing into Photos best == we are talking about quite a few libraries = Not all that important but don't yet want to trash. I do have a lot of duplicate libraries so would like to join/merge them first, I guess.

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 11:01 AM

So do I go ahead and export all the 'final' versions [do they lose keywords? and titles?]

Yes and, then no. Export in high quality but also include the Keywords and Titles. It's a simple export operation in Aperture. Create an export preset that does this. It's in the Manual you can download that here:

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1560/en_US/Aperture_3_User_Manual.pdf

And export presets are covered pages 364 - 374

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2023 11:01 AM in response to Victoria Herring

So do I go ahead and export all the 'final' versions [do they lose keywords? and titles?]

Yes and, then no. Export in high quality but also include the Keywords and Titles. It's a simple export operation in Aperture. Create an export preset that does this. It's in the Manual you can download that here:

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1560/en_US/Aperture_3_User_Manual.pdf

And export presets are covered pages 364 - 374

Best way to deal with Aperture Libraries now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.