Voice feedback during workout not working and does not respond to volume controls

I've seen this issue pop up in the community a few times, but my Apple watch voice feedback during workouts is extremely low to the point that it's unusable without headphones and does not respond to volume controls to increase the volume. This happened after a iOS update a few cycles age and hasn't rectified since and even with the purchase recently of a new Ultra.

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 2:16 PM

They are not Sounds &Haptics settings

instead go to

Watch, Settings, Siri, Siri Responses, Voice volume speaker

9 replies

Mar 15, 2024 12:07 PM in response to LD150

I have the same issue (apple watch 7, on os10.4, and iphone se 2022 on ios17.4) but this did not fix it as when I went to Watch, Settings, Siri, Siri Responses, Voice volume speaker, the volume was already on max.

I also went to apple watch settings, sound and haptics, and that volume for alerts is also to max.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating, as this is literally the most important function on my watch, and it doesnt work at all. I cant do interval training. Total bummer. I can change the music volume as always, but when the music level drops during a voice prompt for intervals, the voice is so faint I can barely tell it is there at all.

Any other ideas? I submitted a problem report to Apple, but havent heard anything.

Voice feedback during workout not working and does not respond to volume controls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.