Many of sent texts to me disappeared. Cleared completely one friend Comms, cannot call friends etc etc on iPhone X

Why are texts -to me- disappearing? What all cons with other totally disappeared? And now I cannot phone some people? What is happening?

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 12:32 AM

Check your iPhone settings

Go to Settings and turn on Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn it off. Check Do Not Disturb. Go to Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb and make sure it's turned off. Check for any blocked phone numbers.

If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

Can't send or receive message then try these steps first

1. Restart your device: ... 
  2. Check your network connection. ... 
  3. Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you're trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
  4. If you're trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging.

More items...

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 12:32 AM in response to jenniferfromwimbledon

Check your iPhone settings

Go to Settings and turn on Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn it off. Check Do Not Disturb. Go to Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb and make sure it's turned off. Check for any blocked phone numbers.

If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

Can't send or receive message then try these steps first

1. Restart your device: ... 
  2. Check your network connection. ... 
  3. Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you're trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
  4. If you're trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging.

More items...

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or ...

Many of sent texts to me disappeared. Cleared completely one friend Comms, cannot call friends etc etc on iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.