When I try do move an app to the trash all that happens is that it is removed from dock.

When I try do move an app to the trash all that happens is that it is removed from dock, so how do I successfully delete an app.\\

iMac 24″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 3:56 AM

From the above link in Top Left of this webpage

Incase that was overlooked here it is again and should provide additional information on Deleting an Application from the computer

Uninstall apps on your Mac

Then, depending on the Third Party Application, some Developers allow you to Drag the Application iCon in the Applications folder to the Trash. It would remove the Application

There are some Developers who supply Their Uninstaller

Notation : Applications that are Built into the Operating System like Freeform, News, Music, TV etc can not be removed at all.

They can be removed from the Dock but will remain installed and appear in the applications Folder

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 3:56 AM in response to -GOD-

From the above link in Top Left of this webpage

Incase that was overlooked here it is again and should provide additional information on Deleting an Application from the computer

Uninstall apps on your Mac

Then, depending on the Third Party Application, some Developers allow you to Drag the Application iCon in the Applications folder to the Trash. It would remove the Application

There are some Developers who supply Their Uninstaller

Notation : Applications that are Built into the Operating System like Freeform, News, Music, TV etc can not be removed at all.

They can be removed from the Dock but will remain installed and appear in the applications Folder

Jun 20, 2023 5:28 AM in response to -GOD-

Icons in the Dock are aliases to the original content on the Mac and removing the Dock icon has no affect on the original item. You cannot remove applications installed by the operating system, and simply dragging a third-party application from your Applications folder may not entirely remove it, especially if its installation prompted you for an admin password.

When I try do move an app to the trash all that happens is that it is removed from dock.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.