Apple Maps random detour

The past few months, while using Apple Maps, it’ll give a random detour that’s completely unnecessary. For example, I’ll be on the highway, and it’ll want me to take an exit, go through a light, just to get back on the freeway. More recently, the location tracking has been off, it’ll think I’m in a neighborhood while I’m on the highway.

below is a photo sources from Twitter by the user @keegandonley

Another photo sourced from twitter by the user @EnglishDanYT

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 6:32 AM

Report a problem with Maps on Mac

1. In the Maps app on your Mac, choose Maps > Report an Issue. ... 
  2. Choose one of the following: ... 
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to provide the requested information and include any additional information.
  4. Click Submit.

Report a problem with Maps on Mac - Apple Support (IN)

You may --> Maps Report an Issue & Privacy - Apple Support & Report a problem with Maps on Mac - Apple Support

Also --> Help improve Maps on iPhone - Apple Support

Find an answer here -- > If Maps isn't working on your Apple device - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 6:32 AM in response to UniversalArmy

Report a problem with Maps on Mac

1. In the Maps app on your Mac, choose Maps > Report an Issue. ... 
  2. Choose one of the following: ... 
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to provide the requested information and include any additional information.
  4. Click Submit.

Report a problem with Maps on Mac - Apple Support (IN)

You may --> Maps Report an Issue & Privacy - Apple Support & Report a problem with Maps on Mac - Apple Support

Also --> Help improve Maps on iPhone - Apple Support

Find an answer here -- > If Maps isn't working on your Apple device - Apple Support

Apple Maps random detour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.