Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I report speed traps / traffic hazards in Apple Maps?

Lately, Apple Maps has been notifying me of speed traps and traffic hazzards (e.g. a vehicle stopped on or near the road, a hazard in the road, etc...), which is particularly handy... I'm not really worried about the speed traps thing - I maintain the unpopular opinion that if you choose to speed, then you deserve the fine (and yes, even I deliberately speed on occasion - though not very often) - but I do like the traffic hazard notifications.

My wife suggested Google Waze, which she uses... And having tried it out over the last week or so, I find it mostly works - but it's a Google product and like most of Google's products, privacy is an after-thought.

Seeing as Apple Maps is already notifying me of speed traps and traffic hazards, is there a way for me to report these things to Apple (I personally won't be reporting speed traps - but I'll gladly report traffic hazards), so that other users can see them?

I had a look around and some websites seem to think that you can do so via the "pop up" menu when navigating - but I had a play around with this on my iPhone XR (running iOS 14.4.2) and I could see no option to report speed traps / traffic hazards.

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 2:51 AM

Nevermind - apparently the ability to report traffic hazards / accidents / speed traps is coming to iOS 14.5, according to iMore... Good thing I was able to find an answer to my issue in the official Apple Community first. 🙄

6 replies

How do I report speed traps / traffic hazards in Apple Maps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.