Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Forgot my passcode and didn’t back up my phone, can I restore it without losing my pics and data?

Forgot my passcode and didn’t back up my phone, can I restore it without losing my pics and data?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 7:59 PM

Unfortunately no. Resetting your phone will wipe the phone clean.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled or unavailable -

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode without a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or higher.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode using a computer.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 7:59 PM in response to joell166

Unfortunately no. Resetting your phone will wipe the phone clean.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled or unavailable -

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode without a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or higher.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode using a computer.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.