not able to hear anything during calls/make calls after iPhone 7 upgraded to 15.7. Apple support failed to resolve the issue.

I too am facing the same proble with my iPhone 7 after the software upgradation to 15.7, not able to place calls and if in case i am able to, then not able to hear anything, neither can the person on the other side hear me. Apple support failed to provide any resolution. Tried each and every possible thing to make it work but its a software glitch!!!

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 11:03 PM

If you have a hearing or sound issue on your device then please try some of these processes to set it right

1. If you have a distorted sound issue on your iPhone --> If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad
  2. If you are not able to hear the other person, click this...>If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...
  3. If you only hear through speakerphone mode --> If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode - Apple Support
  4. If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this to identify the issue --> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

If the above options do not mitigate the issues then Contact your carrier and then Contact Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 11:03 PM in response to rinni23

If you have a hearing or sound issue on your device then please try some of these processes to set it right

1. If you have a distorted sound issue on your iPhone --> If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad
  2. If you are not able to hear the other person, click this...>If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...
  3. If you only hear through speakerphone mode --> If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode - Apple Support
  4. If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this to identify the issue --> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

If the above options do not mitigate the issues then Contact your carrier and then Contact Apple Support

Jun 21, 2023 11:45 PM in response to SravanKrA

hi Sir,

thank for the reply, but my concern isn't regarding the sound only. It is regarding not being able to make calls, neither via carrier data or wifi. Not able to make video calls too on FaceTime or WhatsApp, it gets connected but keep on conneting......

If i am able to place a call, I do not hear the other person and vice-a-versa.

it's not a device issue or network issue but I got this problem only after iOS upgraded to 15.7 a few days back.

not able to hear anything during calls/make calls after iPhone 7 upgraded to 15.7. Apple support failed to resolve the issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.