Whatsapp Backup Issue

Hey there,

So i deleted my whatsapp Application on my iphone by mistake, i had a backup on whatsapp from a 2 April 2023 with size 12gb which i tried to restore but was failed, then i reinstalled the app again and this time downloaded the entire backup and media files, but after finishing, only chats are showing and no media files is showing, media files are there but are blank (not blurry), like black pictures only, i re installed again and now only a backup of 530 mb is showing, upon checking my General Iphone iCloud backups, there is a backup of 27gb available for whatsapp but it isn’t storing that, please help me out as i had very valuable data in my whatsapp. I also want to know that if I restore my iPhone will the whatsapp data of 27.04 gb restored or will be be gone then? And will it recover my whatsapp data of this week and month as well or just an old backup from whatsapp of 2 April?

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 10:36 AM

Hi Danyee96,

Reviewing the image that you included, it shows your total device backup size is 26.93GB and is indicating that WhatsApp is reporting 27.04GB which exceeds the total. That 27.04GB reflects the current device storage requirement by app, not what is already in iCloud.

In order to determine what data is included in that backup, it would be necessary to erase your device to factory settings and then restore from that backup during the set up process. There's no other way to interact with the data contained in an iCloud backup. If you wish to do so, use Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings and note that only the information in the backup plus whatever syncs already with iCloud would be present when the process is completed. Any changes made from the time of that backup to the present may be lost.

Before undertaking that step, you may wish to consult WhatsApp support directly to verify this is the best option. Find out how to contact a developer for help with their app at How to contact an app developer.

Regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 10:36 AM in response to Danyee96

Hi Danyee96,

Reviewing the image that you included, it shows your total device backup size is 26.93GB and is indicating that WhatsApp is reporting 27.04GB which exceeds the total. That 27.04GB reflects the current device storage requirement by app, not what is already in iCloud.

In order to determine what data is included in that backup, it would be necessary to erase your device to factory settings and then restore from that backup during the set up process. There's no other way to interact with the data contained in an iCloud backup. If you wish to do so, use Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings and note that only the information in the backup plus whatever syncs already with iCloud would be present when the process is completed. Any changes made from the time of that backup to the present may be lost.

Before undertaking that step, you may wish to consult WhatsApp support directly to verify this is the best option. Find out how to contact a developer for help with their app at How to contact an app developer.

Regards.

Whatsapp Backup Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.