Disk Utility - Container Disks

Hello, about a year ago I created two different start up disks on my MacBook Pro (early 2015), one for Mojave and the other for Monterey. I did this because most of my music studio apps were not compatible with Monterey, but worked perfectly with Mojave. Now, all my music studio apps will work with Monterey. I can't find the correct information that will let me delete Container Disk1 replacing it with Container Disk2 (new #1).

How do I remove the "Container" shown in the screen print and merge the unused disk space back to only one disk?

Thank you,

Eric

MacBook Pro 13″, 12.6

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 5:50 PM

Assuming Container Disk 1 is the first partition on the drive, you cannot delete it and merge 2 into it. It only works the other direction, delete 2 and merge into 1.

Make a backup of 2, erase the entire drive (Aura N2 1TB Media), reinstall Monterey, then Migrate from the backup.

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 29, 2023 5:11 AM in response to ep_braza_audio

is there a command that will allow me to merge the two containers without having to reinstall?

As I stated, if the partitions are in the correct order, you can just drag the handle from the first partition end through the free space to merge the partitions. If the first partition is free space and the second is the one you want to use, it cannot be done.

Disk Utility - Container Disks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.