iPhone 13 text messages

I start writing a text. Another text appears and I then cannot find the iMessage I was composing. I search by person to receive text and no luck. Frustrating that often an iMessage being written disappears when another iMessage action occurs. When does it go? How retrieve? Sometimes I do find as if hovering somewhere but no not where. Any advice is very much appreciated.

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 9:30 PM

No, according to a thread earlier today, these “draft” messges are permanently deleted. I refer to messages you are writing, but haven’t sent, then you leave the conversation, and the message you have been writing is gone. In this instance, the message is gone forever.

It has been suggested to write longer messages in Notes, and then copy-paste them into Messages.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2023 9:30 PM in response to TheLittles

No, according to a thread earlier today, these “draft” messges are permanently deleted. I refer to messages you are writing, but haven’t sent, then you leave the conversation, and the message you have been writing is gone. In this instance, the message is gone forever.

It has been suggested to write longer messages in Notes, and then copy-paste them into Messages.

Jun 21, 2023 9:28 PM in response to victoriafrombloomfield

victoriafrombloomfield Said:

"iPhone 13 text messages: I start writing a text. Another text appears and I then cannot find the iMessage I was composing. I search by person to receive text and no luck. Frustrating that often an iMessage being written disappears when another iMessage action occurs. When does it go? How retrieve? Sometimes I do find as if hovering somewhere but no not where. Any advice is very much appreciated."

-------

See if these are in Recently Deleted:

1. Tap: Edit (on the top-left of Messages)
  2. Select: Show Recently Deleted

Screenshot:

Jun 21, 2023 9:38 PM in response to victoriafrombloomfield

"It has been suggested to write longer messages in Notes, and then copy-paste them into Messages."

-------

Look for Drafts:

Check Messages App:

If no drafts are seen in Recently deleted then see if they are in the Messages app on your Mac....

If Messages was enabled on your iPhone along with your Apple computer, then check and see if the Messages app is enabled on your Mac to see if it exists in the drafts section.

Jun 21, 2023 9:53 PM in response to victoriafrombloomfield

"I appreciate your quick response. I tried but my message does not appear. For this to work, must I actually delete the message? Thanks"

-------

Finding the Draft On:

You must delete a message for it to be in there. So, if you send this draft to yourself, and then deleted it, then that is where it would be.

iPhone 13 text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.