iPhone 12 volume changing by itself despite the volume bar not moving.

When playing music (from both Spotify and Soundcloud) the volume output will change dramatically, but the actual volume levels on the iPhone remain in the same spot. For example I have my volume level at max right now and have music playing from Spotify, but when I switch between apps, or even when I pick up my phone, or even right now as I was typing this (without changing apps or doing anything significant other than typing in this box) the volume will change. It goes quiet then loud again all by itself but when I check the volume bar, this hasn’t moved. I do not have Attention Awareness Features turned on, I have reset my phone, I have the latest iOS. Please help

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 11:30 PM

If you encounter any challenges with third-party applications or a particular website, I recommend reaching out directly to the respective app developer or site publisher/host for further assistance. Here is how

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2023 11:30 PM in response to Ashlea15

If you encounter any challenges with third-party applications or a particular website, I recommend reaching out directly to the respective app developer or site publisher/host for further assistance. Here is how

May 11, 2024 11:16 AM in response to Ashlea15

When playing music (from both Spotify and Soundcloud) the volume output will change dramatically, but the actual volume levels on the iPhone remain in the same spot. For example I have my volume level at max right now and have music playing from Spotify, but when I switch between apps, or even when I pick up my phone, or even right now as I was typing this (without changing apps or doing anything significant other than typing in this box) the volume will change. It goes quiet then loud again all by itself but when I check the volume bar, this hasn’t moved. I do not have Attention Awareness Features turned on, I have reset my phone, I have the latest iOS. Please help

iPhone 12 volume changing by itself despite the volume bar not moving.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.