Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume lowering with music either when I open or close my phone

Q: My phone when I open or close recently will go to the lowest volume no matter the app and it doesn’t come but up unless you wait a straight minute for it to go back up. Is there anything I can do to help this?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 7:49 AM

If your phone's volume is lowering automatically when you open or close the phone, this may be due to a feature called "Attention Aware" that's built into iOS. When this feature is enabled, your iPhone can automatically lower the volume of your music or other media when it detects that you're looking away from the screen, such as when you're on a call or using Face ID to unlock your phone.

Here's how to disable this feature:

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap on "Face ID & Passcode" (or "Touch ID & Passcode" if your phone doesn't have Face ID).
  3. Enter your passcode.
  4. Scroll down to the section labeled "Attention Aware Features".
  5. Toggle off the switch next to "Attention Aware Features".

Once you've turned off this feature, your iPhone should no longer automatically lower the volume when you open or close the phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 7:49 AM in response to Christian417

If your phone's volume is lowering automatically when you open or close the phone, this may be due to a feature called "Attention Aware" that's built into iOS. When this feature is enabled, your iPhone can automatically lower the volume of your music or other media when it detects that you're looking away from the screen, such as when you're on a call or using Face ID to unlock your phone.

Here's how to disable this feature:

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap on "Face ID & Passcode" (or "Touch ID & Passcode" if your phone doesn't have Face ID).
  3. Enter your passcode.
  4. Scroll down to the section labeled "Attention Aware Features".
  5. Toggle off the switch next to "Attention Aware Features".

Once you've turned off this feature, your iPhone should no longer automatically lower the volume when you open or close the phone.

Volume lowering with music either when I open or close my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.