Virus notification

Hello, I have virus notification every-time I open safari, what I'm suppose to do ?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 1:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 10:27 AM

Those are Safari Notifications. Stop them by following these instructions.

• Go to Safari's Settings (or Preferences) menu > Websites > Notifications, and remove everything there.

For reference: Change Websites settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Don't allow websites to send you Notifications unless you are 100% certain that you want that kind of harassment. Refer to Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac - Apple Support. Deselecting "Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications" will prevent those websites from even asking your permission to be harassed by them.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 10:27 AM in response to marineo14

Those are Safari Notifications. Stop them by following these instructions.

• Go to Safari's Settings (or Preferences) menu > Websites > Notifications, and remove everything there.

For reference: Change Websites settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Don't allow websites to send you Notifications unless you are 100% certain that you want that kind of harassment. Refer to Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac - Apple Support. Deselecting "Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications" will prevent those websites from even asking your permission to be harassed by them.

Jun 22, 2023 8:01 AM in response to marineo14

It's a scam, but please describe what you are encountering, as though we cannot see what is on your Mac's screen.

Posting a screenshot will help others identify what it is. To learn how to capture, edit (if necessary), and post a screenshot to this site, read the Appendix in Writing an effective Apple Support Communities Question - Apple Community. Refer to Screenshots (Mac).

Virus notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.