search-alpha.com

Last week, I received a notification on my iMac (Retina 4k, 21.5 inch, 2019, Ventura 13.4.1) that a new startup script was being initiated by an Unknown Developer. I declined to add it. Then I noticed several startup scripts that I cannot remember authorizing (my current Mac was synced from my previous model in 2019) one from Nike, one from FitBit, and several others that indicated Unknown Developer. I disabled all of those.

As of yesterday, links to websites result in opening a page with an address of "search-alpha.com". The page only contains a text box with the word "Search..." and a magnifying glass icon; no other text or icons/images appear on the page.

This morning I contacted a vendor via phone and they sent a password reset link via email. When I use the link I am taken to the "search-alpha.com" page. The tab is titled Search Marquis.

The only other recent changes I've made to my system is to add a LinkSys Mesh system (1 Parent, 3 Child nodes).

Any help is appreciated.

iMac

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 9:39 AM

How did you get into a situation where an unknown developer has anything to do with your Mac? What are you doing that leaves you wide open?

Was the syncing with Nike and the others something you initiated? If not, again, what are you doing that leaves you in such a position?

What vendor did you contact and what product does it involve?

There's something going on here and you are not presenting the whole story. You need to explain in detail exactly what problem you want assistance with?

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2023 9:39 AM in response to tjbatok

How did you get into a situation where an unknown developer has anything to do with your Mac? What are you doing that leaves you wide open?

Was the syncing with Nike and the others something you initiated? If not, again, what are you doing that leaves you in such a position?

What vendor did you contact and what product does it involve?

There's something going on here and you are not presenting the whole story. You need to explain in detail exactly what problem you want assistance with?

search-alpha.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.