Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Transfer apple account balance to Apple Cash

I accidentally loaded money into my Apple account. How do I transfer it to Apple Cash?

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2024 3:51 PM

I put money on my apple account I meant for my Apple Cash

85 replies

Dec 31, 2023 2:09 PM in response to reign257

Yes! Welcome to my world. I did the same thing and they can actually reverse it if you haven't spent any of it. I accidentally spent like a dollar from it and I had to live with my mistake. So now I've got the pro version of every dumb app in the store. Awesome!

I would seriously bet that more than 50% of the people that fund their Apple account are doing it on complete accident thinking it's Apple Cash. The fact that two separate accounts like that coexist and cannot be transferred to one another is shady asf. It's kind of infuriating

Nov 6, 2023 2:55 PM in response to Jjlas

Jeff needs to remove the word “obviously”. Feels like a pretty shady move, Apple. If people want to buy something like a subscription they would do so out of one of the cards connected to their Apple account. Having your Apple account that even has an ability to receive funds that are not the same as Apple Cash it’s just a way of frivolously taking money that people have to commit to spending your company. Whatever though

Dec 1, 2023 4:37 PM in response to Taylorsauras

I agree wholeheartedly .. it is looking schiesty because it IS JUST THAT !!! … I , one of APPLEs loyal customers , for the first time in 20 years im

considering leaving Apple behind …because of that thing right there , I wasted $2000 I had put on Apple Pay and meant it to go to rent but couldn’t pay the rent with Apple Pay. I tried to buy something yesterday with my Apple Pay®️ and couldn’t …it would NOT WORK and the bank authorized it and everything but no such luck so I give up

like I said, im giving some serious consideration to going back to android and I thought that would never happen!

Jun 22, 2023 10:31 AM in response to Jjlas

Normally once funds are in Apple Account balance the only way to get them out again is to spend them.

From: Check your Apple ID balance - Check your Apple Account balance - Apple Support -->

"About unused Apple ID balance

You can't redeem or return Apple Gift Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, or unused Apple ID balance for cash, except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows for refund of redeemed gift balances, you can contact Apple Support." Read the support article for more details.

The above excerpt only mentions gift balances as being eligible for refunding, and only in limited places where laws may require that. Read the support article for more details.

Apr 12, 2024 4:04 PM in response to josephfromflourtown

Generally, the funds can be refunded/transferred back to original funding source. In other words if funds originally came from a gift card, funds go back to the gift card. If funds originally came from a debit card or bank account, funds are returned to the account. What cannot be done is refund/transfer funds from a gift card to a bank account.

The issue comes on gift cards if you spent some of the gift funds and just want to transfer/refund a partial amount.

Please call 1-800-MY-APPLE to start the process. Funds are usually available in 48 to 72 hours.

Transfer apple account balance to Apple Cash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.