Related Article: Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown

I have an old phone and iPad how can I save my photos

How do I save my pictures off of my iPhone and iPad?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 1:10 PM

Your iPhone and iPad must be working and their screens must be unlocked to save any content that is on them. Apple provides several ways to save photos, and there are 3rd party tools to save photos, but all of them must be used while the devices are working. If you can’t unlock the screen on an iPhone or iPad you cannot get photos or any other data off the device. This is a basic security feature.

If the device IS unlocked here are instructions on how to proceed→Copying personal photos and videos from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2023 1:10 PM in response to Deecoons

Your iPhone and iPad must be working and their screens must be unlocked to save any content that is on them. Apple provides several ways to save photos, and there are 3rd party tools to save photos, but all of them must be used while the devices are working. If you can’t unlock the screen on an iPhone or iPad you cannot get photos or any other data off the device. This is a basic security feature.

If the device IS unlocked here are instructions on how to proceed→Copying personal photos and videos from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

I have an old phone and iPad how can I save my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.