Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

iCloud closing

How do I transfer iCloud Photos to a windows computer?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 4:27 AM

iCloud is not closing. Only the very old My Photo Stream service is being withdrawn/closed.

Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

My Photo Stream has been replaced by the far superior iCloud Photos:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you still wish to transfer photos from your iCloud Photo Library to your Windows PC, the easiest method is to install iCloud for Windows - and use this to either synchronise your PC photo library with iCloud - or copy your photos to another folder on your computer:

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

You can also access iCloud and copy/transfer files using a web browser from any computer:

https://icloud.com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 4:27 AM in response to marlaine210

iCloud is not closing. Only the very old My Photo Stream service is being withdrawn/closed.

Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

My Photo Stream has been replaced by the far superior iCloud Photos:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you still wish to transfer photos from your iCloud Photo Library to your Windows PC, the easiest method is to install iCloud for Windows - and use this to either synchronise your PC photo library with iCloud - or copy your photos to another folder on your computer:

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

You can also access iCloud and copy/transfer files using a web browser from any computer:

https://icloud.com

iCloud closing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.