Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Can't burn to MP3 CD although sufficient storage available

Hey, I'm trying to burn a playlist of 40 songs, less than 400 MB, roughly 3,5 hours music onto a CD-R of 800 MB (90min). Afaik this should be possible when I burn to MP3 CD instead of Audio CD. However I get the error message: "The songs in this playlist will not fit on one MP3-CD/DVD." I'm very confused. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 4:32 PM

See the 'If you have trouble burning discs on Mac' section in:

If you have trouble burning discs on Mac - Apple Support

"Check the available space on the disc to make sure all of your data will fit. To see the available space, select the disc, then choose File > Get Info. You may need to eliminate some items or change the size or quality of items to reduce file sizes."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 4:32 PM in response to zoppl

See the 'If you have trouble burning discs on Mac' section in:

If you have trouble burning discs on Mac - Apple Support

"Check the available space on the disc to make sure all of your data will fit. To see the available space, select the disc, then choose File > Get Info. You may need to eliminate some items or change the size or quality of items to reduce file sizes."

Can't burn to MP3 CD although sufficient storage available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.