Apple ID email password change now getting no new email on phone

I thought my email address password might be compromised. So I logged into gmail and changed it (this is my appleId on my phone, so I can't find a way to check the password). But I never got a request/error on my iphone that the passord, for my appleId (which I just changed at gmail), was incorrect.

I have sent several test emails to that address. They all show up in gmail.com but not one new email to that address is showing up on my iPhone. I restarted my phone twice. I made sure that the (I don't remember where this was, I did so many tests) where you set it to Push to make sure it updates the emails. I swiped down in the email app and it said getting new mail.

Note: for some other reason, before I reset my password. I started to have to go to just that email address in the mail all to see the new email. It was not showing up under all mailboxes.

Thanks,

Don

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 1:01 PM

I solved this. To fix it go to Settengs -> Accounts -> Mail -> then each account you changed passwords for, manually re-eneter them.

If the buttons (Mail, Contact, etc) are greyed out and you can't select them, then the email account won't work. I re-entered the new passwords, and now all the new emails came flooding in, and under "all mailboxes."

I hope this will help someone else with this problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 1:01 PM in response to reconscout2

I solved this. To fix it go to Settengs -> Accounts -> Mail -> then each account you changed passwords for, manually re-eneter them.

If the buttons (Mail, Contact, etc) are greyed out and you can't select them, then the email account won't work. I re-entered the new passwords, and now all the new emails came flooding in, and under "all mailboxes."

I hope this will help someone else with this problem.

Apple ID email password change now getting no new email on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.