iPhone's Contacts has "All Contacts" list but does not sync onto iCloud and iMac

On my iPhone 13 Pro, my Contacts app shows an "All Contacts" list and it differs in contact entries with iCloud's. On my iMac 21.5" 2017 on Ventura 13.4, it does not list the "All Contacts" and therefore, missing 33 contacts. See screenshot below.

I've attempted to import the one that I noticed missing to iCloud without any success. Is this there an better way to do this aside from re-entering it onto the list in iCloud's?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 11:14 AM

Does you Mac have another contact server like the Gmail one in your phone? You would need to have more than one account to have a combined (All contacts) list.

I don't see a way to drag contacts into Lists on iOS, so you would need to do this on your Mac. Assuming the missing contacts are in your Gmail account, you would have to add that to your Mac to copy them to iCloud.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 11:14 AM in response to stlicious

Does you Mac have another contact server like the Gmail one in your phone? You would need to have more than one account to have a combined (All contacts) list.

I don't see a way to drag contacts into Lists on iOS, so you would need to do this on your Mac. Assuming the missing contacts are in your Gmail account, you would have to add that to your Mac to copy them to iCloud.

Jun 23, 2023 11:27 AM in response to stlicious

You should have this at iCloud.com

and this on your Mac:

If who don't have that on your Mac try booting into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and check to see if the problem persists in Contacts. Then reboot normally.

Note:  if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode.  This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will assure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

iPhone's Contacts has "All Contacts" list but does not sync onto iCloud and iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.