Related Article: Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown

What process places photos into My Photo Stream?

With the announcement that Apple is discontinuing the 'My Photo Stream' procedures I would like to know what 'My Photo Stream' is and what process places photos into 'My Photo Stream'?

iPhone 5c, iOS 10

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 2:17 PM

If you use Photo Stream, taking a photo, a screenshot, or saving a photo from an email or the web, etc., places that photo into the Photo Stream album on your devices.

This is a response that I have been posting about photo stream. Hopefully it will answer some questions for you.

Photo Stream is method by which you can access recently taken photos on all of your devices that are using Photo Stream.

My Photo Stream - Apple Support

You can easily check to see if you have been using photo stream or see if you even have the option to use it.

First, launch the Photos app and look for an album titled Photo Stream. If you have no such album, you have no worries.

You can also check in Settings>Photos. If you have a photo stream option it will be visible in there. If you don’t see the option, you don’t have it so once again, no worries.

If you have the option but you never enabled it, … no worries. You aren’t using it.

Even if you are using Photo stream, all of the photos in there are on one of your devices and when photo stream is closed down, you will keep the photos on that device.

This is a worthwhile read, so take a look.

Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 2:17 PM in response to ejras

If you use Photo Stream, taking a photo, a screenshot, or saving a photo from an email or the web, etc., places that photo into the Photo Stream album on your devices.

This is a response that I have been posting about photo stream. Hopefully it will answer some questions for you.

Photo Stream is method by which you can access recently taken photos on all of your devices that are using Photo Stream.

My Photo Stream - Apple Support

You can easily check to see if you have been using photo stream or see if you even have the option to use it.

First, launch the Photos app and look for an album titled Photo Stream. If you have no such album, you have no worries.

You can also check in Settings>Photos. If you have a photo stream option it will be visible in there. If you don’t see the option, you don’t have it so once again, no worries.

If you have the option but you never enabled it, … no worries. You aren’t using it.

Even if you are using Photo stream, all of the photos in there are on one of your devices and when photo stream is closed down, you will keep the photos on that device.

This is a worthwhile read, so take a look.

Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

What process places photos into My Photo Stream?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.