Messages from Android to iPod and MacBook?

Can I send text messages from Android phones to iPod and MacBook?

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 1:17 AM

iPods don't have cell phone/data functions, so they can't directly receive cell phone (SMS) messages.

iPod Touches can connect to the Internet (using WiFi). They run iOS and run many of the same apps as iPhones. So I won't rule out the possibility of Internet-based messaging between Android phones and iPod Touches.

Other types of iPods (like iPod Nanos and iPod Shuffles) do not have any sort of cellular or Internet connectivity; they're dedicated music players. There's no way to message them even from an iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2023 1:17 AM in response to FujiAppleUSA

iPods don't have cell phone/data functions, so they can't directly receive cell phone (SMS) messages.

iPod Touches can connect to the Internet (using WiFi). They run iOS and run many of the same apps as iPhones. So I won't rule out the possibility of Internet-based messaging between Android phones and iPod Touches.

Other types of iPods (like iPod Nanos and iPod Shuffles) do not have any sort of cellular or Internet connectivity; they're dedicated music players. There's no way to message them even from an iPhone.

Messages from Android to iPod and MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.