Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Max stuck in SOS only mode

On June 20th in the morning of. Out of no where, my iPhone goes into SOS only mode. After discovering that it wasn’t a cell phone carrier outage, and after numerous recommended trouble shooting attempts to clear the SOS only mode, I went ahead to contact my carrier to see if there is a fix. My carrier also couldn’t fix it thinking it is a network error and have escalated this situation further. I then decided to contact apple customer care to rectify the situation since nothing has worked to fix this problem.

after speaking with customer care it was recommended to see what solution my service provider will come up with to fix the issue. If that doesn’t work, then last ditch effort would be to factory reset the device. I have been without a connection for 5 days now and it’s a major inconvenience since I use this phone for work and to keep in contact with family and friends. Has anyone had any success after a factory reset with this conundrum?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 1:04 AM

If you see No Service or Searching in the status bar on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular), your device isn't connected to a cellular network. If you see SOS or "SOS only" in the status bar, your device can still make emergency calls.

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2023 1:04 AM in response to Fuzzylobes

If you see No Service or Searching in the status bar on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular), your device isn't connected to a cellular network. If you see SOS or "SOS only" in the status bar, your device can still make emergency calls.

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

Aug 17, 2023 10:04 AM in response to Fuzzylobes

Hi Fuzzylobes..am wondering if you found a fix for this issue as the same thing is happening to me right now. The responses here are pretty generic, and I'm getting a bit desperate to get my phone functioning again.

I've worked through several troubleshooting processes with the carrier and with the phone but aren't really getting anywhere..would love to hear if you got your issue fixed and how..

iPhone 13 Pro Max stuck in SOS only mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.