Help identifying font created when I paste text from notes app into Microsoft Word

Hi there,

When I paste text from the notes app to Microsoft Word, it shows up in a different font. This is completely fine; however, when I try to identify the font in Word’s ‘fonts’ bar, it only shows up as ‘UICTFontTextStyle’ and I cannot change other text in Word to this font as it doesn’t show up in the list of options. This is a problem as I really like this font and I want to use it without having to paste from notes. Would anyone be able to help me identify this font?

Attached is a screenshot of this font in case anyone recognises it.

Thank you for your help

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 12:06 AM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2023 8:06 AM in response to Calligrapherfun

Hello Caligrapherfun,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that you want to determine the font that is being used in your Word document. We are happy to help.

Many times restarting your device can resolve many concerns. Please use the steps here to restart your iPad: Restart your iPad - Apple Support

1. "Press and hold either volume button and the top button until the power off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
  3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the top button until you see the Apple logo."

Once your iPhone has completely restarted, please use the steps here to see which font is used: Change the font in Office apps on a mobile device - Microsoft Support The font with the check next to it is the font being used.

1. "Use the handles to select the text that you want to format.
  2. On your iPad, select the Home tab (if it isn't already selected). In the Font group, do the following:
  • To change the font, tap the Font box and then tap the font that you want to use.,
    • Fonts"

These steps may help. Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Help identifying font created when I paste text from notes app into Microsoft Word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.