"Save to files' option not showing on notes since recent update

"Save to files' option not showing on notes since recent update using my iPhone. How can I rectify?

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 5:39 AM

9 replies

Jun 24, 2023 5:41 AM in response to jak0one

Where were the Notes? See the pic below. You will get your answer

The recently deleted folder will exist only if you deleted Notes from iCloud or from the "On My Phone" Folder. Deletion from other Folders does not use Recently Deleted Sub-Folder.

Please see the following pic which is self-explanatory

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Jun 24, 2023 7:00 AM in response to jak0one

I don’t know how you are saying save to files when you tap on the three dots. Save to files is not an option in there. The save to files option can be invoked when you tap on the share icon - the square with the upward pointing arrow.

I don’t know what the tech did for you at the store in order for you to regain the save to files functionality, but as I stated and as SravanKrA stated, you only have that option in the On my iPhone or On my iPad folders. There is no need to save notes to the files app if they are syncing with iCloud since they are already in iCloud.

Jun 24, 2023 5:40 AM in response to jak0one

Updating iOS on your iPhone should not change your personal details. iOS updates primarily focus on improving system performance, introducing new features, fixing bugs, and enhancing security. They are designed to preserve your personal data, settings, and information intact.

During an iOS update, your device's operating system is upgraded, but your personal data, such as contacts, photos, messages, and other information, should remain unchanged. However, it's always a good practice to perform a backup of your device before any major update to ensure that your data is safely stored.

It's important to note that while an iOS update itself should not alter personal details, it's possible that certain features or settings may be adjusted or improved with the update. In such cases, you may need to review and adjust specific settings to match your preferences after the update.

Always make sure to read and understand the update details provided by Apple before proceeding with an iOS update, and follow best practices such as backing up your device to minimize any potential risks or complications.

If the issues you mentioned are indeed caused by iOS, it's likely that numerous users who have upgraded to iOS 16.4.1 (a) or 16.5 or 16.5.1 are experiencing similar problems. However, in order for the community on this forum to provide helpful responses, it would be beneficial for you to specify the nature of the issue you are encountering. Without this information, it may be difficult for others to address your concern effectively.

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Jun 24, 2023 6:33 AM in response to Demo

So what happen is, i type on my notes and I’m given the option to “save to files “, when I click either on the 3 dots or the share box ( symbol of box with the arrow ).

i am using an iPhone and I have updated to 16.5.1. I’ve always been able to have the option to ‘save to files’. But these last recent updates have not offered that option. I went into store early in the year because I noted the same issue when I updated . On googling, I noted that I was not alone in this experience. I can’t remember what the guy in the store did but whatever it was it seemed to resolve the issue. Now it’s back. Can anyone offer assistance on how I get the option back so that I can specify where I save specific notes.

Jun 24, 2023 6:33 AM in response to SravanKrA

So what happen is, i type on my notes and I’m given the option to “save to files “, when I click either on the 3 dots or the share box ( symbol of box with the arrow ).

i am using an iPhone and I have updated to 16.5.1. I’ve always been able to have the option to ‘save to files’. But these last recent updates have not offered that option. I went into store early in the year because I noted the same issue when I updated . On googling, I noted that I was not alone in this experience. I can’t remember what the guy in the store did but whatever it was it seemed to resolve the issue. Now it’s back. Can anyone offer assistance on how I get the option back so that I can specify where I save specific notes.

Jun 24, 2023 8:08 AM in response to Demo

The point is that I ‘had’ the option to save where I wanted and I want that functionality back. I ‘had’, it on my iPhone. It disappeared with the updates. It sounds like you’re stating i didn’t have it before or perhaps I’m misunderstanding you. Either way it’s clear I’ll have to go in to get to the bottom of this.

Jun 24, 2023 9:14 AM in response to jak0one

Like I said, I don’t know what the tech did to get it to work, and honestly, I never checked to see how this worked until I investigated after your reading your question. I’m only explaining what I can see on my devices and my theory as to why it is no longer available in iCloud notes.

I would be curious to hear what you are able to uncover.

"Save to files' option not showing on notes since recent update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.