Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Airpods (Gen 2) Connection Issues

The AirPods keep connecting and disconnecting and the case cannot detect the right AirPod. They can only connect to my devices when both AirPods are still in the case; when I remove an AirPod from the case, it loses connection completely. I lost my Airpods for probably a year, so I think some issues may be caused by a lack of usage. However, the right Airpod stopped working before I had lost my Airpods. They're also on stuck on an old firmware version (1A673), and I can't find a way to update them. I've tried factory resetting them, but the issues still occur and the firmware doesn't update.

AirPods (2nd generation)

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 7:37 AM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2023 12:17 PM in response to picklebo

Hey picklebo,

We'd be happy to help out. Sounds like you might be having some kind of connection issue with your right AirPod.

When having issues specific to a particular AirPod, we'd suggest working through the following steps as they're best equipped to address this:

If your left or right AirPod isn't working
Learn what to do if your left or right AirPod doesn't play audio.

If there's no sound in one AirPod
1. Make sure that your charging case is fully charged.
2. Place both AirPods in your charging case and let them charge for 30 seconds.
3. Open the charging case near your iPhone or iPad.
AirPods and charging case
4. Check the charge status on your iPhone or iPad to make sure that each AirPod is charging .
AirPods charging status on your iPhone screen
5. Put both AirPods in your ears.
6. Play audio to test both AirPods.
7. If an AirPod still isn't working, reset your AirPods or contact Apple Support.

This is outlined further here: If your left or right AirPod isn't working - Apple Support

If you continue to have issues afterward, please contact Apple Support using the link above.

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

Airpods (Gen 2) Connection Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.