Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Wrong week number in Calendar App (Apple)

The apple calendar app is not displaying the correct week number over the dates.

Per the ISO-8601 standard, weeks begin on Monday and end Sunday.

For 2023 Week 01 should start on

Monday January 2, 2023.

The calendar app shows 2023 week 01 starting on Monday December 26, 2022.

This appears obviously to be a software bug with how apple handles leap years and when the calendar was introduced. Really hope this can get some attention. Needs to be corrected asap because there is no settings to adjust that will enable it to display it correctly.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 6:30 PM

delanez Said:

"Wrong week number in Calendar App (Apple): The apple calendar app is not displaying the correct week number over the dates.[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting Calendar App Bug:

Report this to Apple:

Along with the above reply, I would highly-suggest you report this to Apple.

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: on when this issue began, and how you have troubleshot this, thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessa
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 6:30 PM in response to delanez

delanez Said:

"Wrong week number in Calendar App (Apple): The apple calendar app is not displaying the correct week number over the dates.[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting Calendar App Bug:

Report this to Apple:

Along with the above reply, I would highly-suggest you report this to Apple.

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: on when this issue began, and how you have troubleshot this, thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessa

Jun 25, 2023 9:55 PM in response to delanez

delanez Said:

"Wrong week number in Calendar App (Apple): Ok. Just submitted the same information. It didn’t allow me to attach a photo. Please notify the team of our interaction. Thanks for your support."

-------

You are welcome.

Thanks for doing your part.

It will help many, for certain.

Notes:

Which URLs to Provide:

• If you have any other applicable images, then reply back here with them and then provide the URL of each image.

Oct 16, 2023 5:39 PM in response to delanez

I had the same problem. You can select the „day when week starts“ in TWO places: 1: Settings-Calendar: Start week on ….. as well as in 2: Settings-General-Language & Region: First day of week….

For 2023, set both to Sunday and the calendar week will be the same as ISO. Every few years you‘ll have this problem when Jan 1st is a Sunday. Last time we had this problem was in 2017. I hope it helps

Oct 16, 2023 6:23 PM in response to PH-Wisco

Interesting! I didn’t know there was two settings.

Isnt it weird that when its set to the first day of the week of Sunday its close enough for government work lol.

That logic didn’t occur to me to get the week numbers to align but it is an effective hack!!

Not what I expected to see from my calendar but for those who work in iso its helpful enough.

So this fault has existed for almost 10 years! Lol. Any hero at apple want a little cred? Come fix this 10 yo bug! Geez.

Wrong week number in Calendar App (Apple)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.