Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Carplay

Since I updated to iOS 16.5.1. I can’t change the music when I use CarPlay. The volume control does work. Help!

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 11:40 AM

I am experiencing this, as well. I have a 2023 Rav4 and since the last big update my Carplay has been pretty much broken. It will connect, and then disconnect, and then connect, and continue this cycle. I also have the issue where the steering wheel buttons and volume knob doesn't work while connected to Carplay.

I've tried different cables, all certified. I've tried forgetting the device and reconnecting it to the vehicle. I've tried rebooting the phone. Nothing works. The update broke Carplay, and Apple seems to not care or be in a hurry to fix it.

To my understanding this has affected a lot of vehicles, but mostly I have seen that it is problematic to Toyota. Summer traveling without reliable Carplay(not that Carplay ever functioned very reliably to begin with) is about as frustrating as it gets.

I fail to believe that there isn't an important enough person at Apple that has a vehicle affected by this that would get it to the top of the list of stuff to deal with. Maybe put aside the new emoticons for a moment and focus on making your applications run better and not be broken all the time.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 11:40 AM in response to Tonyd62

I am experiencing this, as well. I have a 2023 Rav4 and since the last big update my Carplay has been pretty much broken. It will connect, and then disconnect, and then connect, and continue this cycle. I also have the issue where the steering wheel buttons and volume knob doesn't work while connected to Carplay.

I've tried different cables, all certified. I've tried forgetting the device and reconnecting it to the vehicle. I've tried rebooting the phone. Nothing works. The update broke Carplay, and Apple seems to not care or be in a hurry to fix it.

To my understanding this has affected a lot of vehicles, but mostly I have seen that it is problematic to Toyota. Summer traveling without reliable Carplay(not that Carplay ever functioned very reliably to begin with) is about as frustrating as it gets.

I fail to believe that there isn't an important enough person at Apple that has a vehicle affected by this that would get it to the top of the list of stuff to deal with. Maybe put aside the new emoticons for a moment and focus on making your applications run better and not be broken all the time.

Jun 28, 2023 9:39 AM in response to KTHDurhamburger7

I am having an issue since IOS 16.5.1 where my tackpad in my Lexus ES isn’t working with CarPlay for my phone but works with my wife’s phone. Touch screen isnt an option as this year doesn’t have a touch function but the volume works. It is incredibly frustrating and same to the point of it not being reliable from the start but when you can use it at all it is worse.

Carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.