new air pods wont connect to my device

new air pods will not connect or even come up on screen when bluetooth is on have tried everything

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 8:05 AM

The first steps are to make sure the AirPods are fully charged, and check the Bluetooth function is working on the target iPhone (switch off and switch on again), see if other Bluetooth devices like the car hands free work correctly.

If that doesn't help, I suggest restart your iPhone and try again

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Final check before calling Apple Support for a fault on new product would be to see if the AirPods are visible and able to pair (or at least detect) on any other smartphone. That should tell you if the problem is your iPhone or the new AirPods

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 8:05 AM in response to mulleys

The first steps are to make sure the AirPods are fully charged, and check the Bluetooth function is working on the target iPhone (switch off and switch on again), see if other Bluetooth devices like the car hands free work correctly.

If that doesn't help, I suggest restart your iPhone and try again

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Final check before calling Apple Support for a fault on new product would be to see if the AirPods are visible and able to pair (or at least detect) on any other smartphone. That should tell you if the problem is your iPhone or the new AirPods

new air pods wont connect to my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.