front camera is purple tinted with a black and white line

I was face timing a friend when suddenly the screen froze and after i hung up i went to my front camera and noticed it was purple tinted with a black and white line going vertical. Its only the front camera too. I don’t know how to fix this please helpp!!! I tried to turn it off and on again but had no luck.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 9:45 AM

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If that does not help, then contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and evaluation.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 9:45 AM in response to seayera

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If that does not help, then contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and evaluation.

Axel F.

front camera is purple tinted with a black and white line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.