I am not sure if my Mac was backed up to Time Machine how can I restore my documents after my Mac was repaired

Liquid got into my system and I received it back from Apple. I can seem to restore my documents from iCloud including my Microsoft office

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 9:56 AM

lindaonyx wrote:

Liquid got into my system and I received it back from Apple. I can seem to restore my documents from iCloud including my Microsoft office

I assume you meant "can't" rather than "can".

iCloud is not a computer backup mechanism. You would have had to create a backup of your data using Time Machine or similar backup tool prior to the computer being damaged. If you did not create a backup then I'm afraid your data is gone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 9:56 AM in response to lindaonyx

lindaonyx wrote:

I assume you meant "can't" rather than "can".

iCloud is not a computer backup mechanism. You would have had to create a backup of your data using Time Machine or similar backup tool prior to the computer being damaged. If you did not create a backup then I'm afraid your data is gone.

I am not sure if my Mac was backed up to Time Machine how can I restore my documents after my Mac was repaired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.