I need my Apple Watch repaired I brought the Apple Watch from a rent a center for a good deal i my all payment proof of purchase

I purchased a Apple Watch 6 from rent a center for a good deal and I didn’t now that it was locked to a another account and they rent a center said contact you guy and show the proof of the purchase and they Apple can help me reset it. I have all proof of sell that I did buy it and I’m trying to see if you guy can help me out.

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 1:10 PM

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Do this online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not state what currently constitutes proof. Prior to this new online service Apple typically required the original receipt issued by an Apple Authorized dealer and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership). Apple recommends you keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device. --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 1:10 PM in response to Jpoppa562

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Do this online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not state what currently constitutes proof. Prior to this new online service Apple typically required the original receipt issued by an Apple Authorized dealer and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership). Apple recommends you keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device. --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

Jun 25, 2023 1:18 PM in response to Jpoppa562

We guys can't help you out. We guys are users like you on this user to user only forum. But Apple won't help you out either. Even with the receipt. They would ONLY help the original buyer who locked the watch to their Apple ID with the original purchase receipt, which clearly shows the serial number of the watch. You're not the original buyer and you can't present the original purchase receipt.

Rent a Center didn't give you a good deal as they sold you a useless watch, you simply cannot use. Either get your money back or if they won't refund you, recycle the watch. You'll never be able to use it.

Read this --> https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250001038

Ps: You can try what Limnos provided above, but to my knowledge, Rent a Center is not an Authorized Reseller of Apple Devices, so I will be beyond surprised if Apple agrees to unlock the watch. If it were me, I'd insist on a refund from Rent a Center and recognize that if a deal is too good to be true, it usually is too good to be true.

I need my Apple Watch repaired I brought the Apple Watch from a rent a center for a good deal i my all payment proof of purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.