Can you help me? I cannot open my photos library

Today y opened my Photos library on the newest Mac; now I can´t open it on my Mac; it's important to mention that my Mac is a Mac book Air 2015; what that I need to do to open my library again?

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 1:57 AM

Is your Photos Library an iCloud Photos Library? If all your Photos are in iCloud Photos, you can simply create a new, empty library on your old Mac, then make the new library your System Photos Library and enable iCloud Photos for it. Then wait for your photos to sync back to your old Mac. iCloud Photos is the only way to share a Photos Library between two devices with different system versions.

For details see this link: Downgrading a Photos Library to a Previous Version of Photos with the Help of iCloud Photos

If you do not want to use iCloud Photos, and your Mac cannot be upgraded to the same system version as your new Mac, you will have to restore the previous version of your Photos Library from your Time Machine backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2023 1:57 AM in response to arturo1127

Is your Photos Library an iCloud Photos Library? If all your Photos are in iCloud Photos, you can simply create a new, empty library on your old Mac, then make the new library your System Photos Library and enable iCloud Photos for it. Then wait for your photos to sync back to your old Mac. iCloud Photos is the only way to share a Photos Library between two devices with different system versions.

For details see this link: Downgrading a Photos Library to a Previous Version of Photos with the Help of iCloud Photos

If you do not want to use iCloud Photos, and your Mac cannot be upgraded to the same system version as your new Mac, you will have to restore the previous version of your Photos Library from your Time Machine backup.

Can you help me? I cannot open my photos library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.