Back Up

I lost my iPhone its on lost mode. I upgraded my storage on my MacBook for all devices, so that it could backup from a distance. Will I be able to restore it? Or retrieve the data that was on that phone with back up or without back up?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 7:28 PM

If you didn't back up the phone before it went missing, it's most unlikely it will backup unless it is plugged in to charge and connected to Wifi. Whoever is in possession of the phone is not likely going to do that. And since it is Activation Locked and they are not likely to know your Passcode, they can't get into the phone to do anything with it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 7:28 PM in response to jayyy68

If you didn't back up the phone before it went missing, it's most unlikely it will backup unless it is plugged in to charge and connected to Wifi. Whoever is in possession of the phone is not likely going to do that. And since it is Activation Locked and they are not likely to know your Passcode, they can't get into the phone to do anything with it.

Back Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.