Frozen IPhone 13 Pro Max

Yesterday my phone stopped working after I clicked on a notification from my home security system.

the "opening" screen for the app was all I could see; I couldn't even turn off the screen.

I went into Vodafone and even the guy didn't know what was going on.

i ended up getting a new phone and just let that one go dead flat, once i charged it, it worked like normal.

is this a normal thing or is this odd?

i am now selling the phone but want to know just in case it happens again.

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 9:10 PM

You could have tried to Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see that may have resolved the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 9:10 PM in response to sinae290

You could have tried to Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see that may have resolved the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Jun 25, 2023 9:19 PM in response to sinae290

sinae290 Said:

"Frozen IPhone 13 Pro Max: i am now selling the phone but want to know just in case it happens again."

-------

IMPORTANT:

Prior to selling this, perform as instructed here, including the data backup and iCloud logout: What to do Nefore you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. Performing this is all about Security & Privacy.

Frozen IPhone 13 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.