How how do I make my iWatch auto change time? zones

How do I make my iWatch change automatically to different time zone?

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 2:27 AM

1. Turn on Set Automatically in Settings > General > Date & Time. This automatically sets your date and time based on your time zone. Is this setting dimmed?
  2. If a message appears saying that updated time zone information is available, restart your device and any paired Apple Watch devices.
  3. Allow your device to use its current location to determine the correct time zone. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > System Services and turn on Setting Time Zone.
  4. Check that your device is using the correct time zone in Settings > General > Date & Time > Time Zone.

If you can't change the time or time zone on your Apple device – Apple Support (AU)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2023 2:27 AM in response to Mamaleo47

1. Turn on Set Automatically in Settings > General > Date & Time. This automatically sets your date and time based on your time zone. Is this setting dimmed?
  2. If a message appears saying that updated time zone information is available, restart your device and any paired Apple Watch devices.
  3. Allow your device to use its current location to determine the correct time zone. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > System Services and turn on Setting Time Zone.
  4. Check that your device is using the correct time zone in Settings > General > Date & Time > Time Zone.

If you can't change the time or time zone on your Apple device – Apple Support (AU)

Jun 26, 2023 3:28 AM in response to MyMacComputr

To enable your Apple Watch to automatically change time zones, you need to make sure that your iPhone, which is paired with the watch, has the correct time zone settings. Here's how you can set it up:

1. On your iPhone, open the "Settings" app.
  2. Scroll down and tap on "Privacy."
  3. Tap on "Location Services."
  4. Ensure that "Location Services" is turned on.
  5. Scroll down and tap on "System Services."
  6. Find and tap on "Setting Time Zone" to enable it. This option allows your iPhone to determine your location using GPS or Wi-Fi and automatically adjust the time zone accordingly.
  7. Now, your iPhone will automatically update the time zone based on your location.

Once you've set up your iPhone to automatically change time zones, your Apple Watch will sync with your iPhone's time zone settings. Your watch should then adjust the time zone automatically whenever you travel to a new location with a different time zone.

Please note that your Apple Watch needs to be connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth or a Wi-Fi network to update the time zone accurately. Additionally, ensure that both your iPhone and Apple Watch have the latest software updates installed to take advantage of any improvements related to time zone changes.

How how do I make my iWatch auto change time? zones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.