lyrics in Apple Music

For the past few weeks, I’ve been unable to view lyrics in Apple Music on my iPhone.

The button is not normally visible, but when it is and I tap it, nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 5:14 AM

Hello INSPGDGT,

Please ensure you're on the latest release of iOS (currently iOS 16.5.1).

The next step would be to make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi or allow Apple Music to use cellular data. I've tried viewing lyrics for songs offline (even though I have them downloaded) and it's not possible.

To See Lyrics

1. Open Music
  2. Tap on one of your songs
  3. Tap on the media player to open the cover art and full controls of Apple Music.

You'll want to click on the Lyrics icon:

See lyrics and sing in Apple Music on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you cannot see this, you could try force restarting your iPhone and attempting to do the steps above ago.

If all that doesn't work the following is possible:

• If the Lyrics button is grayed out, you’re playing a song that's not from the Apple Music catalog, lyrics aren’t available for that song, or you're not connected to the internet.

I hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2023 5:14 AM in response to INSPGDGT

Hello INSPGDGT,

Please ensure you're on the latest release of iOS (currently iOS 16.5.1).

The next step would be to make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi or allow Apple Music to use cellular data. I've tried viewing lyrics for songs offline (even though I have them downloaded) and it's not possible.

To See Lyrics

1. Open Music
  2. Tap on one of your songs
  3. Tap on the media player to open the cover art and full controls of Apple Music.

You'll want to click on the Lyrics icon:

See lyrics and sing in Apple Music on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you cannot see this, you could try force restarting your iPhone and attempting to do the steps above ago.

If all that doesn't work the following is possible:

• If the Lyrics button is grayed out, you’re playing a song that's not from the Apple Music catalog, lyrics aren’t available for that song, or you're not connected to the internet.

I hope this helps!

lyrics in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.