Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I recently connected my Brother DCP L2540DW printer using Air Print, and love it because I could then print from my iPhone and iPad. However, every time I use my computer, the printer is offline. I have to shut down the printer, unplug it (by crawling under the desk), plug it in, reconnect the printer to the WLAN, put in the password using the up and down buttons (takes about 3 minutes) and then it will work again.

I could not find an updated driver - Brother website said to use Air Print instead.

Is there an easier way?

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 8:30 AM

6 replies

Jan 21, 2024 8:36 AM in response to Dana Pride2

Were you able to get it to print from your iPad/iphone? I have similar problem. It will only print if direct connect with USB. But I rarely use my laptop anymore.

I used to have to do the setup wizard every time the printer goes to sleep. But ever since we set our network to have 2.4G, it only recognizes that one and not the 5G. My phone sees the printer, I set it to print and then it loses connection!

Been having this problem for months and ready to just buy a new printer but we print so infrequently!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.