Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Entering times (without a date stamp)

Hello,

I enter a time 02:32 col B and then in column C Im entering another time 14:34. I am getting the time difference in col D. My format is the there is no date just time. Yet if I enter these times there is always a Date attached to the time. Is there any way that I can get rid of the Date stamp?

Thank you

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 5:52 PM

If you don't want the date in the date-time you can enter the 02:00 as Text. Either pre-format the cells as Text or leave the format at Automatic and type an apostrophe before entering the value.

Numbers happily performs time-time arithmetic on Text "times". If it doesn't find a date it assumes the current date.

SG

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2023 5:52 PM in response to NumberNovice

If you don't want the date in the date-time you can enter the 02:00 as Text. Either pre-format the cells as Text or leave the format at Automatic and type an apostrophe before entering the value.

Numbers happily performs time-time arithmetic on Text "times". If it doesn't find a date it assumes the current date.

SG

Entering times (without a date stamp)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.